We're always looking for talented, passionate people to join our team! We are proud of the work we do and it wouldn't be possible without them. If you've got the desire to be a part of a creative and innovative group in a fun and relaxed environment, then check out our job openings!
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS
Solum Lang Architects is currently seeking an Architect with an M-Arch or B-Arch from an accredited University and 5-10 years of experience in the field of commercial architecture.
Candidates should be a registered architect or close to obtaining licensure. Proficiency in AutoCAD is a must, knowledge about Revit is strongly preferred.
As a member of the Solum Lang team, you will be expected to participate in every aspect of the design and construction process. You must have strong interpersonal skills and be able to communicate within the organization and with our clients. You must have the ability to work under pressure on time sensitive projects and be able to shift priorities to meet multiple deadlines.
Salary is commensurate with experience. We offer paid holidays and vacation, a 401k plan and health insurance. The position offered is a full-time permanent hire, not on contract. Relocation expenses are not provided.
We foster a collaborative, creative and fun workplace environment! If you are interested in joining our team, please submit a resume and portfolio representative of your work. Please include salary expectations in the body of your cover letter.
If you have questions or are interested in joining our team, shoot us an e-mail, give us a call, visit our "CONTACT US" page or use the form below! Please send resumes to the following address:
Solum Lang Architects
1101 Old Marion Rd. NE
Cedar Rapids, IA 52402
Or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Solum Lang Architects is seeking an Interior Designer. The successful candidate needs strong interpersonal and communication skills as well as the ability to work independently. This position requires working on multiple projects at once and often at a fast pace. They should have the ability to take direction on projects, but also able to take the project lead.
Candidates need to have a bachelor’s degree in Interior Design and be proficient in Microsoft Office, AutoCAD and Sketch-Up with knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator preferred. Commercial interiors experience is a plus but not required. NCIDQ certification is preferred.
Some of the assignments an interior designer could be expected to take on include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborate on commercial interiors projects, including programming client needs, concept design, schematic design, design development and construction documents.
- Provide coordination for interior finish palettes and client presentations.
- Accurately convey interior finish selections in construction documents and specifications.
- Work with consultants, contractors, and fabricators to coordinate drawings from multiple disciplines into construction document set.
- Manage construction administration including meeting minutes, ITCs, and review of submittals and shop drawings.
- Communicate directly with clients and coordinate team and consultant communications.
- Participate in RFQ submissions requiring exceptional graphic presentation skills.
This is a permanent, full time opportunity. Solum Lang offers paid vacation, health insurance coverage, 401K, and partial licensure reimbursement.
All communication and information shared is held in strict confidence.